Happy hump day friends! I am so sorry that last week I was MIA. I took a little “spring break” to spend the three days we had of nice weather with my son and our dogs outside. It was in the 80s! 😳 Now we are back to snowy and cold weather and I’m praying for some warmer days ahead.
Anyways! My husband and I made the decision to go plant based for a month. I have always wanted to try it and I finally just went for it. I have PCOS and have read that it can really help regulate the body. My husband was skeptical but has jumped right in this with me and has been doing amazing! I’ve been trying to make up my own recipes and have decided when I make up a good one I’ll try and post it here.
I have been wanting to make a good plant based baked oatmeal and today I think I did that! My son Fletcher ate more than enough and loved it. I used ground flaxseed in place of an egg but you can substitute it for an egg if you’d like. Enough chatting.. here is the recipe! I’ll leave the nutritional info below. If you want it less sweet you can use less maple syrup and more apple sauce. I add hemp seeds on the top for extra protein!
• 1.5 cups instant old fashioned oats
• 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
• 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
• 1 Granny Smith Apple peeled and chopped
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 3/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 2 TBS chia seeds
• flaxseed “egg” (in separate bowl add 1 TBS ground flaxseed and 2 TBS water mixed together and let sit for 5 minutes)
• 1 TBS cinnamon
• 3/4 cup of water
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a bowl mix all ingredients together
3. Place in baking pan and spread evenly
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes
5. Enjoy warm or let cool and cut into bars!
6. Top with hemp seeds and yum!
Thank you so much for checking out my new recipe! If you have any suggestions on what I should try making next I’d love to hear them!